Since the detail was getting lost if the logo was too small I needed to refine the logo a little bit and perhaps make it a bit more abstract. I went ahead and tried to follow the same idea of having three lines reflecting back to the “sales DNA” while at the same time increasing the size of the line strokes.
I wasn’t convinced on how the lines looked reduced to to three (on the ones above) because of the spacing between them they didn’t sit quite right. I took my tutors advice and changed the direction of the lines to be in a constant positive increase while at the same time taking advantage of this new arrangement to create a more abstract finish to represent sales chart flow. The overall look and feel was definitely more balanced and clean, and the detail didn’t get lost when decreasing the logo size.
Looking into colours I decided to use green because once again green represents positive outcome in a sales environment. I added a dual tone green which gave the logo a more dynamic look and helped it pop out more.
As I mentioned before I had been testing my logos by placing them into possible mock up brand material in order to get a feel for how they would look and work. In this case as shown below I did a quick mock up of promotional material that could be found as part of a print and/or a digital ad for the academy. In this case the logo is stripped to its most basic form in white over the image. I find that if a logo works well it black and white it will be more likely to be able to be used through many different platforms. I found it worked well and I could definitely see something like this being used to represent the brand.