I started off with some pencil sketches getting ideas of different mythical creatures on google. After I finished the ‘chupacabra’ I decided to take that forward and experiment with pen techniques using that illustration. I scanned the image so that I would be able to play around with it more without worrying of messing up the original.
After outlining the illustration with a pen. I was now able to start adding detail in line weight and take advantage of the stippling technique to add a bit of shadows and dimensions to the illustration. Arriving at the solution pictured below. I was quite happy with the result of the stippling effect and I did think it gave the illustration a nice effect as well as the varying line widths, I should hopefully be able to achieve a similar effect to what Smithe has done.